Monday 29 February 2016

Styling The Seasons - February

A little burst of colour for you on this BONUS February day.

I thought it was better late than never to share my Styling The Seasons post for the month a and bit of what February means to me.
For me, this month marks a lovely shift from the depths of winter to the wonderful (and probably my favourite) season of Spring. Nothing marks this shift like the arrival of Spring blooms. Not necessarily in the garden, although daffodils and crocuses are sprouting everywhere by now, but in florist windows and by supermarket doors.
This picture of these beautiful Anemones is completely untouched. Just look at the piercing bold pink! I love it's contrast against the wood 'basket', still an essential on our hearth during this chilly month.
Of course this month celebrates love. We agreed to just give cards this year (Sam's idea not mine). It makes me smile everytime I open a card from him as it's always familiar (taken straight from the card draw that I put together!) I couldn't help but appreciate that they match and that mine got the last word!

As usual, we both ended up giving a little token to each other (have I mentioned my love language is gifts?!) I had chocolate which didn't stick around long and Sam's gift was the matches you can see top right. Perfect for a fire obsessed husband.
Suffice to say this little scene has been altered since styling it for this post. Flowers don't appreciate two things 1. being held by exquisite (but heavy handed) small hands and 2. being roasted by the fire! Can't say I mind either of those things mind.

Thanks for reading today, here's to happy Spring days as March awaits.

Lowri x



1 comment:

  1. I love this. Those cards are perfect - so funny that you gave one another matching ones! I've also just spotted that cool enamel log bucket - want! xxx

    ReplyDelete