Friday 13 March 2015

Unexpected creations

Last night after putting the kids to bed I headed straight into my work room to crack on with making some bunting for Anwen's first birthday. If you're creative then you'll know what I mean when I say how enjoyable it is to 'go with the creative flow' and make things according to what inspires you at the time.

I have to say though, last night when I was rummaging through my fabric stash I felt thoroughly uninspired by what lay in front of me. Don't get me wrong, I love the fabrics I've collected but at that moment despite the colours, the prints, the patterns, nothing caught my eye and made me want to make with it.

Until I found this.

I bought this fabric last Summer and just love it. I love the playful images and vintage style and it fits in beautifully with the Belle and Boo theme I'm planning for Sunday's tea party.

Feeling tired after a long day I decided I just wanted something that would be quick to make and add a special touch to the celebrations. However I couldn't shake a nagging feeling of wanting to make something that was personal to Anwen and that we could reuse each year. 


The little girl carrying balloons caught my eye, it reminded me of me as a girl and I can just imagine Anwen marching about like that on her birthday in a few years time! So keeping it simple, I cut out the image, printed an 'A' on a balloon and embroidered it to a plain canvas. I keep a stash of white frames so had one to hand to finish it off nicely.


I think I'll put it on the table next to the cake so it can be seen by her party guests, it can then go up in her bedroom as a little momento.

A party isn't complete without bunting in my book though so I cut out some mini flags from the same fabric and added a few extra colours to brighten it up.

Perhaps I'll manage to make some personalised bunting for her next birthday but in the meantime I'm happy with these unexpected creations and am sure they'll be treasured for years to come.

Thanks for reading today. I'll be back next week to share details of some exciting new arrivals coming to the shop!


Before I go, to celebrate Mothers Day this Sunday you can enjoy 20% off everything in the Mama and Baby range from now until Sunday. Just use the code Mama at the checkout.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Lowri x 

No comments:

Post a Comment