Wednesday 1 July 2015

Breaktimes with Bloom & Wild

I have been looking forward to sharing today's post with you for weeks! When I started the #mythursdaybreaktime project a couple of months ago, I never imagined that so many of you would join in by sharing your breaktime moments.

Thursdays come round in a blink of an eye for me. Before I know it midweek has passed and I'm looking ahead to the exciting plans or lazy days of a weekend. It's often at this point of the week that a break in my day is treasured the most. Even if it's just a 10 minute sit down with a cuppa, a pause on the walk back from the nursery drop off (I never have time to pause on the way!) or a potter in the garden in the evening.
My breaktimes were fleeting last week as I'd managed to double book myself on Friday (not uncommon for me) and had to rejuggle the week. My usual quiet Thursday afternoon was spent visiting Wilf's new nursery where he'll be starting in September (how?!) All was rectified in the evening however when Sam and I had an evening booked in at the allotment. We were accompanied by take away fish and chips, a couple of beers and returned home with a good harvest Pure bliss.
Breaktimes are so important and this project has taught me that even more. I love getting glimpses into your downtime moments and seeing what you do to recharge. I really wanted to find a way of giving back to all you lovely lot who join in each week and to celebrate the importance of breaktimes. So, each month from now I will be partnering with a handpicked business who will be offering an awesome prize to the person who posts my favourite photo of the month.

It struck me recently that flowers play a big part in the #mythursdaybreaktime gallery, from little posies on a kitchen table to snipping them from the garden, they brighten up a photo like nobody's business (in my book at least!) So I am delighted to announce that for the month of July I will be partnering with the amazing Bloom and Wild, who will be very generously giving away THREE MONTHS of flowers, delivered straight to your door. Yes, that's right! Awesome isn't it.
I received a box of their beautiful blooms last week and what a treat it was. The flowers came cleverly presented in a box that fitted neatly through the letter box.
The bunch I received was called The Eliza and was a stunning mix of pink Roses, Peonies and Eucalyptus. I savoured every last moment of time taken to arrange them, taking a few photos along the way too of course.
I can't wait to share some more photos of this bunch and how I've enjoyed displaying them, throughout the month.

When I was first in touch with Bloom and Wild they commented how often their customers say that receiving and arranging their flowers is a lovely break in their day. So I do hope the winner for this month will enjoy their flowers as much as I have.

To be in with a chance of winning this amazing prize, simply post your breaktime moments on Instagram with the usual hashtag #mythursdaybreaktime and tag in me @littlemaldod and @bloomandwild. Photos DO NOT have to be flower related and you can post as many times as you like each Thursday during the month.

I will still pick out weekly favourites to share with you all and will announce the overall favourite and winner on here on Friday 31st July.

Speaking of favourites, here are a few that caught my eye last week.
@hannahpoulson  @katylivings
@le.paquet.blog  @hamishandthehen

Each of these photos makes me want to get up and go and make something. I will most definitely be on the look out for a flower press now that I've seen Hannah's daughter at work!

Following on the creative note, I knew this simple and beautiful photo by @lornarachel was going to be my favourite from the moment I saw it. 
I love the colours of the pots and am in awe of Lorna who handmade each bowl on a pottery course. I would LOVE to try out pottery one day, would probably have to erase the Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze Ghost image from my head first! As well as making pretty pots Lorna is also a very talented illustrator, you can check out her lovely work here.

I am so excited to peek into all your breaktimes tomorrow, the sun is set to shine again so no doubt the gallery will be filled with sunshine and summery scenes.

A huge thank you to Bloom and Wild for joining me in celebrating breaktimes with you all and thanks again to you too for joining in. Good luck, I certainly wish I could win this month's prize!

No comments:

Post a Comment